What is Hoverfly?¶
Hoverfly is a lightweight, open source API simulation tool. Using Hoverfly, you can create realistic simulations of the APIs your application depends on.
- Replace slow, flaky API dependencies with realistic, re-usable simulations
- Simulate network latency, random failures or rate limits to test edge-cases
- Extend and customize with any programming language
- Export, share, edit and import API simulations
- CLI and native language bindings for Java and Python
- REST API
- Lightweight, high-performance, run anywhere
- Apache 2 license
The Hoverfly source code is available on GitHub.
Hoverfly is developed and maintained by SpectoLabs.
- Key Concepts
- Native language bindings
- Why isn’t Hoverfly matching my request?
- Why isn’t Hoverfly returning the closest match when it cannot match a request?
- How can I view the Hoverfly logs?
- Why does my simulation have a
- Why am I not able to access my Hoverfly remotely?
- My simulation file is very large because of response bodies, what can I do with that?